If you are new to couples massages, you might be wondering what they are and what to expect when receiving one. A couples massage is when you and your partner enjoy massages in the same room, usually right next to each other, but on separate massage tables and each from your own massage therapist. Like most massages, a couples massage usually includes relaxing music, lighting, and aroma therapy. Just as with any massage, you can communicate with your therapist to target problem areas or other specific needs you may have.
Along with the many benefits that come from a good professional massage, a couples massage offers the added benefits of creating an intimate bonding experience for you and your partner. It can increase feelings of affection and can trigger the release of oxytocin, also known as the “cuddle hormone.” Oxytocin can foster feelings of calmness, bonding, and trust.
Couples massages make an excellent gift for many occasions, such as:
- Engagement celebration – Traditionally one partner is given a ring upon engagement. A couples massage is a great way for the other partner to show their appreciation with a meaningful, romantic gift.
- Birthday – Create a date night and a birthday gift in one with a likely needed reprieve from the aches and soreness that come with a demanding schedule.
- Anniversary – Help start your anniversary night off with a romantic, intimate tone.
- Valentines – Skip the overpriced flowers this year and opt for a more unexpected gift.
- Congratulatory gift – Whether for retirement, graduation, or reaching another hard-earned goal, a couples massage is the perfect reward for a job well done.
Here at HALO Salon & Spa, you can count on having a wonderful experience with our highly trained and qualified massage therapists. Call for an appointment today.