Deep tissue massage has been around for thousands of years. It has been able to be around for so long because of its amazing benefits to the body, mind and soul. If you are feeling stressed, tense or knotted up, then deep tissue massage is probably going to benefit you. There are many wonderful benefits of deep tissue massage. We are going to discuss our five favorite benefits below.
- Pain reducer – Deep tissue massage is an excellent pain reducer. It can help to reduce chronic pain in the lower back and neck, as well as pain from other conditions such as fibromyalgia or plantar fasciitis.
- Stress reducer – Deep tissue massage is an excellent stress reducer. It can help to reduce tense muscles from being stressed as well as increase oxytocin, which is a hormone that helps to relax the body.
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate – Deep tissue massage helps to reduce stress, which then helps to reduce blood pressure and heart rate.
- Labor and delivery – Many expectant women experience pain due to tight muscles while pregnant. Deep tissue massage helps to relax tight muscles, which can be very beneficial to pregnant women.
- Greater range of motion – One common reducer of range of motion is scar tissue. When there is scar tissue, there is usually pain and reduced range of motion. Deep tissue massage can help to break up the scar tissue and allow for pain-free range of motion.
If you are ready to have a less stressful and more pain-free life, then give us a call to schedule an appointment today. You will not regret treating yourself to a deep tissue massage.