When you come to us at HALO Salon & Spa for a professional manicure, you’ll receive a full pampering experience with the added bonus of our hydrating, plant-based emollients, humectants and exfoliating fruit acids. As an Aveda concepts salon, instead of harsh chemicals, we use Aveda products that promote healthy skin, which means your manicure will last even longer. Here a few more tips for getting the most out of your manicure:
- Avoid excess heat for 12 hours – Your manicure will still be drying long after you leave the salon. Excess heat can make your nails smudge or chip, so avoid hair dryers, hand dryers, or car heating vents as much as possible for the next 12 hours.
- Keep your hands moist – Your nails are less likely to chip and break when your hands are well hydrated. Apply an oil to your cuticles daily and use lotion regularly.
- Use soap instead of sanitizer – Hand sanitizer can dry out your nails and break down your topcoat. Soap is more effective at removing bacteria without drying out your hands and nails.
- Wear gloves when doing dishes – Submerging your hands in hot water and harsh chemicals is a sure way to weaken your manicure. If you can’t avoid the dishes, always wear good protective rubber gloves.
- Reapply a topcoat – If your nails are chipping at the tips, you can file them down slightly then reapply a topcoat to renew your freshly manicured look.
When you’re ready for a refreshing, relaxing manicure experience that will give you lasting beauty for your nails, come see us at HALO Salon & Spa. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment.